Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Makariri...

(I tend to always write way too much in this blog, so this is a bit of a pictorial essay about the snow a couple of weeks ago...#shortandsweet)
On kaua'i island, Hawai'i... beautiful weather all around.
Just last month I was soaking it up in Hawaii, surfing (or trying to) and working on my tan in pretty balmy tropical temperatures.

So it was a bit of a shock to the system to come home to this a week after I returned.

The chookhouse is under that snow at the back there... as for the vege gardens, lucky we hadn't started planting yet!

 The chooks (I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know), were fine. Toasty and warm...

Nemo, on the other hand, went a bit primal on it...

Nemo gets back to his wolf roots...


No chance of hanging out the washing on this day...

Too cold even to trap the ratty that had been tunnelling under the chookhouse.

Morrison got a good coating in snow too...

No comments:

Post a Comment